Ahh it’s finally summer here in California, and with summer comes the best desserts. Frozen yogurt, Snow cones, Sorbet, and of course the ever multiplying and continually awe-inspiring flavor a of ice cream. And although I left that sentence with ice-cream, that is not what this recipe is about. Yes tragic I know.
But this new treat will lift your spirts in no time!! Although it’s flavor is reminiscent of a sort of frozen vanilla cheesecake, it looks like a tart. So like a tart cheesecake, a cheesecart…teesecake? Maybe we should just call it “mystery treat”, but then that reminds me of mystery meat and most people do not want to know what that’s made of. Anyhow it’s delicious, and perfect for a fancy gathering, or eating half of it by yourself at home, which is pretty much what I did.
Cheesecake that looks like a tart recipe:
1/2 cup walnuts **can sub in pecans**–NOTE:DEPENDING ON YOUR PAN SIZE YOU MAY NEED 1/4-1/2 CUP MORE WALNUTS😱**
1/2 cup almonds/ slivered almonds **DO NUT SUB CASHEWS–lol get it? yeah but seriously don’t**
3 tablespoons water
5-8 medium sized dates (pre-soaked in warm water for 30 minutes)
1 1/2-2 cups Greek yogurt
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (mine is vegetarian and whey based)
2 tsp-1 TB honey
1/4-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 green cardamom seeds (the green cardamum seeds are like the husky shell things surrounding the small black seeds- which you will actually use )
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice or 1/4 tsp cinnamon
2-3 TB spoons maple syrup
1-2 peaches, cut into small slices
1/4 cup coconut oil
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts and almonds until they are finely crushed, but not a flour. Add this mix to a vitamix and add in your 3 TBs of water, and dates. Pulse until it sticks all together like a dough, but is not liquidy. **MY FOOD PROCESSOR DOES NOT LIKE MOISTURE OTHERWISE YOU CAN JUST DO IT ALL IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR**
- Press your “dough” on to a pan and you have finished making the crust.
- In a bowl add the Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, honey, and vanilla extract and mix. Once well mixed, pour evenly on to the crust.
- Set the pan with your Greek yogurt mix on the crust inside a freezer.
- using a mortar and pestle, or simply opening up the green cardamum seeds, you will find small black seeds inside- crush these finely.
- Get out a non-non-stick pan, and heat up the coconut oil on medium until it starts sizzling, add crushed black, inner cardamum seeds and pumpkin spice. Stir for 10 minutes.
- To the same pan, add in the maple syrup and stir the peaches for at least 13 more minutes.
- take the pan off the heat. Get out the Greek yogurt cheesecake from the freezer and pour on the peaches to the top of the cheesecake. (Don’t add a lot of the syrup that you have made the peaches are in.)
- You have passed, and hopefully you have created the best teesecake ever! Enjoy.